Cheats’ Pain Au Chocolat
This recipe makes 12
- 500g (lIb 2oz) packet white bread mix
- 320ml (11.5 fl oz) warm water
- 130g (4.5 oz) plain chocolate
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 220’C (425T, gas 7).
- Tip the contents of the bread mix into a bowl and add enough
hand hot water to make a dough. Knead for 5 minutes. Leave in a warm
place for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 and roll each piece to a 9cm (3’/2in)
- Divide the chocolate into pieces and arrange along one side of
each dough square with a thin slice of butter, then roll up.
- Arrange on a greased baking sheet, seam side down.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave for 30 minutes.
- Remove the clingfilm and bake for 10 to 15 minutes
Published, 02 March 2003
01 April 2007 00:00