|This recipe serves 4
- 580g (1.25 lb) smoked haddock
- 150ml (1/4pt) milk
- 25g (loz) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 450g (lIb) cooked wild and white rice
- 4 medium eggs, hardboiled
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp double cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven 180'C (350’F, gas 4).
- Pop the haddock into a frying pan and cover with the milk.
- Bring slowly to the boil and cook for 10 minutes until the fish
- Remove the haddock from the milk.
- Discard the milk and leave the haddock until cool enough to
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan and cook the onion
until softened, but not coloured.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Remove the skin and any bones from the haddock and break into
- Layer the haddock, onion, rice and egg, seasoning with pepper
- Drizzle the cream over the dish and stir gently to mix the
- Cover the dish with buttered foil and reheat the kedgeree in the
oven for about 20 minutes or until piping hot.
Published, 02 March 2003
23 December 2006 23:00